Hey there! My name is Tobias Davis, I build web-based applications like content management systems, report generators, and analytical tools, used by businesses to make and save money.
Some more things about me:
- My goal is complete satisfaction. If you aren’t happy at the end, I’m definitely not happy.
- I want to understand your real needs and desires. I won’t build or sell something that won’t bring you concrete value.
- I love training and mentoring people and teams in best practices. Knowing and implementing the right things saves money and makes feature development possible.
Here are some things I’ve done for other clients in the past:
- Refactoring and re-architecting old server and webapp systems to have fewer defects, while still allowing for faster feature development.
- Building and maintaining digital content management systems, sold to high-touch clients.
- Designing analytical tools for inspecting high-value, large data sets used in the financial sector.
- Internal system monitoring tools, to keep critical systems up and running.
- Security review of applications, to verify architecture and design were following industry best-practice.
Bullet point overview of my career in software:
- Amateur web-designer and programmer in ~2002.
- Professional web developer in early 2010, mostly creating and maintaining WordPress websites.
- Started writing a lot of open source software in mid 2010.
- Full-stack developer focusing in Java and AngularJS early 2012 through mid-2016, building and maintaining business web applications used by over a million users.